Friday, April 15, 2011

Hassan Tower



This is the Mausoleum for King Mohamed V. It was built between 1961-1971. The architect chosen to design the Mausoleum was Vietnamese Eric Vo Toan and had the building decorated in traditional Moroccan craft work, but if you look at the very top you can see a influence from the Romans though the stain glass windows.



This is the first time Salah has ever been to Hassan Tower. I was being his tour guide for the day. I must say its much easier with one person, then like the 14 to 16 I normally take.



This was built by Yacoub al-Mansour in 1195AD. He intended it to be the largest minaret in the world reaching 86 meters high but it was stopped in 1199AD at 44 meters high. Construction was stopped when he died.



I could give you more boring information but I wont. Enjoy

No comments: